Tuesday, November 17, 2009

At The Teacher's Desk

A picture of a teacher's desk with an apple on it and addition problem written on the chalkboard in the background

Teachers 2.0 by Jarrod Lamshed, expresses the need for teachers to keep learning. I agree that teachers must be learners. By teachers learning new things and different strategies, can help our students become more educated or above average. It is very crucial that teachers learn as well as the students because if the teacher doesn't learn, then he/she can't teach what he/she does not know.
Another one is Tuesdays with Morrie/Teacher Movies, written by John Lamshed. The blogger writes that deep down we all as in teachers love a good teacher movie. The ones that were listed, I haven't seen. Although, I am sure that any teacher movie can be helpful and very beneficial.
The collaborative professional blog is resourceful for teachers. This blog allows teachers to vent about the current issues facing education, issues going on with their own class and material that may be of use to others.
The blog titled"Something That Matters", by Wm Chamberlain caught my eye. There is a picture that says,"I wanna do something that matters". Mr. Chamberlain asked the question, "Is the drive for money the reason that keeps students from doing something that matters".I think that most students will say that that is the reason, but I'm not so sure that I agree with that.
http://attheteachersdesk.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment