Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Blog

It is a picture of the broadview and it is black and grey; dark colors
Blogs--Before I enrolled in this class, I had no idea of what a blog was. At first, I thought that blogs were just for personal reasons, but I have learned how blogs can be very effective and helpful throughout the classroom.

Presentations--Both of the presentations were outstanding. During the personal presentation, I feel that i actually opened up a little about myself because usually I am a very private person. The group presentation was fun. I two of the most crazy and fun people to do it with. It was a good shared experience.

Google Docs--We really didn't deal with Google Docs much, so there isn't much to say here.

Podcasts/Videocasts--At first I didn't like podcasts very much. But I have realized that podcasts can be very beneficial. It can be less work for the student and the teacher. For an example, if a student misses class, they won't have to worry about asking the teacher what assignment they missed and can he/she repeat it, they can just listen to the podcast/videocast.

Post you read-- I have learned too much from all of the videos and posts that we had to read. I now have a full insight on technology in the classroom. Those posts really help you to understand technology in the classroom, if you are one that doesn't like to use technology in the classroom.

Personal Learning Network(PLN)-- It was very fun creating a personal learning network. It kind of brings you out of your norm because you are allowed to network with anyone anywhere. it shows you that there are plenty of people that share the same interests as you do.

Comment4Kids--I enjoyed reading the kids' blogs. It's amazing that kids are knowing how to blog so early. It was my job to offer them some feedback and that was important to me. I enjoyed giving the kids feedback on their assignments.

iTunes/iTunes U--I knew what iTunes was, but I had no idea what iTunes U was. I learned that iTunes U is a lot of Universities giving free, yet valuable information online. iTunes U can also be helpful, especially for those attending Universities.

Accessibility--It was fun and interesting learning hoe to make the pictures accessible for the disabled. I tried my best to describe the pictures as best as I could in order for the disabled to get the full effect also.

Google earth--Although Google Earth was cancelled, It was fun playing around on it when we had spare time.

ACCESS/ALEX-- These provided web links, lesson plans, workspace, etc. These two web pages allowed you to become a better educator. There is very good information on these pages that can help educate anyone who is willing to be educated.

Foliotek--This semester was the first time ever that I had even heard of foliotek. I had absolutely no idea on what it was. Foliotek was a little difficult to use at first, but now that I know how to use it, it's a pretty cool place to upload your papers. It's very professional and I like it.

I have learned too many new things from EDM 310 Microcomputing class. Some of the things that I thought I wouldn't use, I think I will be using. This was an overall wonderful experience for me.

2. Are things you would like to have learned in this class but did not?
Considering the fact that I didn't know anything about most of the things that I have learned, there isn't much more that I would like to learn about except for the things that were part of the assignments that got cancelled.

3.Are their things you learned in this class but wish you had not?
Not really.

4.Did the class excite you in anyway?
One assignment for sure excited me and that was skype. I really got excited when I was in process of using it. That was awesome.

5.Did you find anything in this class to be particularly intellectually challenging?
Not really. The only thing challenging to me was making sure that all of the assignments were turned in on time because there were quite a few of them.

6.Were you bored by this class at any time? If so, what bored you and how might that be corrected?
Sometimes. When certain people would miss the class, then on the next class meet we would have to spend like an hour going over the same things that we went over the week before. I can understand that though because if it were me, I would want to know. It's just the fact of sitting there going back through it detail by detail.

7.Would you change this course in any way?
I wouldn't change it in any way negatively, only add to it. I would add whatever else that is technology new out or anything that you feel that most people may be interested in knowing.

8.Are you Technologically Literate at the moment? To what extent?
I would say that I am. I am not at a genius level, but I believe that I am at a good/nice level for technology literate. I know that I am way more literate than I was when I first walked through the classroom doors.

9.How will you maintain or improve your technological literacy between now and the time you graduate ….. to the time you start teaching?
The only way that I will be able to maintain or improve my literacy is to continue using technological materials. When new material develop, try to learn about it, rather than having the mind set of "whatever, it's too technical."
http://www.apple.com/itunes/

No comments:

Post a Comment