Thursday, October 1, 2009

iTunes University

I really don't think that iTunes will be very effective in my classroom. I'm not the type to use podcasts or videocasts, not saying that it won't be useful, but for my class, I don't think it will. It seems that iTunes are used a lot in many Ivy League Schools. You can download music, videos, dvds, etc. Some announcements can be made on podcasts or videocasts, but this year is my first year being introduced to the podcasts and videcasts and I'm not really into those so far.
In a way, it may be helpful because you can download educational resources free. iTunes do have copyright laws, so there is no fear there to upload anything for your students to see. Downloading iTunes is free of cost, so it's possible for it to be useful for education. The only thing with me is that I'm not a technology person because sometimes technology malfunctions and then you and your students will have a problem. Overall, I don't think that iTunes will be that effective in my classroom.
http://www.dontwasteyourtime.co.uk/presentations/presentation-itunes-u/

1 comment:

  1. Good Reviews Kennavia. I must say that I was a little dishearten that you do not think iTunesU will be very effective in your classroom. You may not create your own podcast, videocast, etc., but look at the wealth of information out there that you could assign your students to review for homework, just as I have here? Just some "food for thought" ;)

    ReplyDelete