Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The New Media Literacies by the NML Staff

Personally I don't like the fact of all of the technology use. I think in the 21st century that some of these skills we will need if that's when the world is turning to technology.I possess quite a few of these skills. I can try to help others with the ones that I possess and maybe we can help each other out on the ones that neither of us possess.
I have found out that one of the skills that you will need is judgment--being able to decide if the information that you find on the internet is reliable. Negotiation--meaning knowing how to enter into different groups and knowing how to understand what the different norms are. Appropriation--how do I remix and sample content in a meaningful way. Play which is the capacity to experiment with surroundings as a form of problem solving. Transmedia Navigation, performance,distributed cognition, and the list goes on.
For those that are not technological literate, this will be like a second job. First you will have to learn how to use it then start to use it on a regular basis. All of this stuff to me is kind of stressing. Maybe the reason being is because it's new, it's the next generation. Most people will need to learn at least a certain percentage of how to use this form of technology.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Kennavia. Where is my post #4? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post #4 is paragraph 2..I wasn't sure if we were to do a whole different post for it or if it went along with 3..I put it along with 3, sorry about that...should I make a different post for it?

    ReplyDelete