Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Micheal Wesh: A Vision of Students Today

this picture has a person writing on a black chalkboard with white chalk. It is a black and white photo. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=chalkboard&rlz=1W1ADBF_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
First off, from seeing the first few seconds of the video, I must say that the classes that I go to are set up totally different from theirs. I have never actually been in a classroom that is set up like the one in the video, rather at Alabama State University or University of South Alabama. The classrooms are set up with desks like on the floor, aligned vertically and horizontally with the professor standing in front.

Some of the classes that I have had, I actually saw students bring their laptops to class. Most of the time when they do,about 95% of the time in class, they're not doing class work. In some classes I still experience having chalk boards though. I think that technology is playing a big role in the world, but maybe too much. Once people start counting on technology, they wont see the use of learning things by hand or the original way.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Kennavia. I do recommend for your weblink instead of using the whole link as the item you click, to change it to Chalkboards, etc or something like that. I also suggest putting in the link to Mr. Wesh's site instead of where you got the clip art.

    ReplyDelete