Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung.

I haven't even received my certificate and I can already say that when I'm speaking into a crowd that my most concern is the delivery of my content. I like to make sure that my delivery is on point so that it doesn't seem like I don't know what I'm talking about. I feel that when I am in a classroom, it's my classroom, but I also want to be kind of lenient. Like I know that I am in control, but I don't want to come off as being bossy or very mean in such a way. Beating myself up over a lesson that didn't go perfect I don't think I will do simply because I think that you should learn from your mistakes. As Mr. Mclung mentioned, don't beat yourself up about it. Just find a way to fix it with a smile on your face. Just like me, when he first entered the classroom, he found himself being too concerned about the delivery of his content instead of checking for the student comprehension and that's something that I need to start working on now. He had some very good points in this article, but these two stood out to me the most. I really need to start working on some of the advice that he gave.

1 comment: