Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Podcasts

What is a podcast? A podcast is a series of digital media files, either audio or video, that is released episodically through the web. You have to download itunes in order download or even listen to the podcasts. There are millions that are available, some may cost, but some are also free.
When I was listening to the podcasts, I notice that they were nothing but 2 or more people having a simple conversation as if they were recording themselves or trying to promote a what they were saying. They pretty much reminded me of listening or watching the news because they were conversing with each other on certain subjects and also giving the listeners information.
There are 2 different podcasts that I became familiar with, the video and the audio. I think that the video podcast was made with just a few home tools. It seemed like it required a video camera and a few friends or others just to produce it. I actually like the video podcast more than just the audio because you have a visual aid along with the audio.
On the other hand, the audio isn't that bad. It seems that most podcasters only create their podcasts by only using the audio technique. Some podcasts are short, but some are also long, which can get pretty boring by just listening especially if the people on the podcast are talking about something that doesn't interest you. Now that I know what a podcast is, I would like to know what its genuine purpose is.

1 comment:

  1. Good review of what a podcast is, but... please comment on six podcast that your listened to. I understand you are having computer problems, but as soon as possible update your post. The genuine purpose of podcast (in my opinion) is to disseminate information to the general public. You will listen to educational podcast which can be used in your future classes.

    ReplyDelete